WE ARE WRITING LETTERS TO THE WORLD

10:39 AM


Hello everyone! I could not be more happier to finally be writing to you about my collective ongoing work: a travelling notebook. Have you heard about these? 


Words matter a lot,, from since we can remember. And nowadays, despite electronic contact, writen words matter not only on snailmail world. This is not a recent movement and I've already tried this before within my project contact list, but it is the first time I'm taking it to this level. Well, a travelling notebook is nothing more than a blank notebook that will travel from one to another, regardless their gender, age, country, ... There can be a theme, for example, and each person writes/draws something. Then they send the notebook to the next person. In the end it will be back to his home, hopefully. Many people are trying this recently; some of my own pen pals are making their own travelling notebooks fly from mailbox to mailbox. So, I decided to make a new one of my one, to travel along the year.


I wanted to chose a meaningful theme, and was struggling among all type of ideas. But then, it crossed me that it should be a letter - since I wanted it to be related to my own snail mail project - and who/what should we write to? 


There was a time (around 2010) I started to include the phrase "Write a letter to the world" in my project's challenges. Not many people came up with writing that letter, in fact. But those who did really said some surprising things. I kept using this as a part of my challenge, but now found it was a nice way of actually gather a genuine archive of letters to the world written by genuine people who meant to participate.

Also I've decided to invite some people I know- and some that I don't - but who I admire to be a part of it too. I chose those that seem to have something meaningful to say, and the proven will of wanting to change the world in every step they take.

I made a notebook nature inspired, of course. And every page states "for you" in the end. I want you to keep in mind that this book is not for me, is for all of us. 



For those who felt insterested in joining this travelling notebook, but don't know how to do it, please e-mail me via psenditforward@gmail.com

With love, 
M.

Related Posts

0 comments